Vandenbrink Design is an exclusive automotive design company, headed by ir. Robert C.A. Koumans. It is a privately owned company, founded in 2006 and located in The Netherlands.
Robert Koumans (1961) is entrepreneur with a background in automotive & aerospace engineering as well as in art. His unique skill lies in creating synergy between state-of-the-art technology and esthetics.
The main company focus is on custom-fitted special coachbuilding for highly exclusive sportscars: beautiful, graceful and within the right brand perception. Vandenbrink’s designs are intuitive but in line with the philosophy of functionalism.
Automotive heritage, DNA and innovation are determining ingredients for our haute couture designs.
We offer the following expertises:
- automotive design & manufacturing (one-offs and limited series)
- automotive design (contracted)
- aerodynamic analysis (supercomputer-based Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- unique 3D visualisation of model design & aerodynamics (scale 1:1 virtual reality studio)
Through our cooperation with selected strategic partners we offer world-leading expertise in all related disciplines:
- Hietbrink Coachbuilding (NL) – Body manufacturing
- Edo Competition (D) – Engineering and tuning
- Hageraats & De Jong Aerodynamics (NL) – Aerodynamic analysis and optimization
- Dutch Supercomputer Facilities (15,4 TF Huygens) & Cave visualisation